2019 Pinot Gris
Golden Retreat Vineyard in Summerland
The grapes are hand harvested and whole bunch pressed, 90% cold fermented in stainless steel, and 10% fermented in 2-year-old French oak barrels.
Intense aromas of lemon peel, honey suckle, ripe pear and vanilla pod on the nose, followed by white peach and fresh pineapple on the palate. Mouth watering and lingering mineral finish.
1362 cases produced.
Enjoy now or cellar for 3 to 5 years.
Expressive, pristine, concentrated. The purity of this wine is constantly noteworthy. Expect sweet tree fruits (think peach, pear and golden apples), zesty citrus and honeysuckle on the nose. It is crunchy and precise with a mouthwatering finish. It also has concentration length and levity.
Pair: Crab cakes served with spicy peach salsa, chicken salad or creamy pastas. ~ Daenna Van Mulligen - WineDiva
90. Spirited pinot gris here from Spearhead's Golden Retreat Vineyard, evident of concentrated fruit made whole by a syringe full of mineral salts injected through. Pretty salty stuff in fact and fun for the whole family. Focused, precise and plain terrific Okanagan white wine. Drink 2020-2022. ~ Michael Godel - Wine Align
89. Good, clean fun here in this fleshy, fruity pinot gris from Spearhead, with notable lees contribution and firm acids. Designed for immediate enjoyment, well made and fairly priced. ~ John Szabo, MS - Wine Align
91. Spearhead is a small winery located in East Kelowna, but the fruit in this wine is from the Golden Retreat Vineyard in Summerland. It is a lovely bright, fresh BC Pinot gris with ample peach-apricot, lemon and gentle herbality on the nose. It is medium bodied, spry and lively with very good acidity, youthful spritz and lemon rind bitterness on the finish. The length is excellent. ~ David Lawrason - Wine Align
91. The wine begins with aromas of pears and apples and echoes those fruits on the palate, along with a hint of anise on the finish. The texture is full and the finish lingers. ~ John Schreiner on Wine
88. An aromatic, partially oaked (10% in 2 year old barrels) Pinot Gris with white blossom notes prettying-up the white peach-scented nose. Crisp and refreshing on the nearly-dry, medium bodied palate with citrus and orchard fruit flavours. To be enjoyed in its youth. Drink now-2022. ~ Liam Carrier - IconWines