2018 Pinot Noir Saddle Block
Fruit sourced exclusively from the Saddle Block on our estate in South East Kelowna.
Pinot Noir clones 115, 777, 828 & 667 are separately hand harvested, destemmed and kept cold for 5-7 days before fermentation by indigenous yeasts commences. The time on skins is 16 to 21 days. After gentle pressing the wine is matured in French oak barrels for 13 months (25% new).
Complex aromas of ripe dark cherry, preserved strawberry, and floral notes are layered with herbal tea, white pepper and earth. This wine is well-balanced with beautiful texture making it a perfect companion for spiced duck & root vegetables.
Drink now or cellar for 8 years.
450 cases produced.
Platinum - 2020 BC Lieutenant Governor’s Wine Awards
Silver - 2020 All Canadian Wine Championships
90. Oak is nicely handled to the point of being barely obvious. It is bright and quite tart-edged on the palate yet beautifully textured warm and smooth as well. It is not tannic but there is a fitting green foresty edge to the finish. Can I say this, but I thought of Chianti. The length is very good to excellent. Best 2021 to 2026. ~ David Lawrason - Wine Align
94. The wine begins with aromas of cherry and strawberry mingled with spice and notes of forest floor. The wine is generous on the palate with appealing dark fruit flavours and a lingering finish. The texture is silky. ~ John Schreiner on Wine
89. Approachable, bright red fruit. Acidity is vibrant and tart, needs time to unwind a bit for best enjoyment. Bottled unfiltered. Drink now to 2025. ~ Christopher Waters on Wine
90. An intense nose combining bright red fruit, orange zest, earth and gamy notes. Lots of baking spice, game and clove, some potpourri, a silky texture, crisp acid and light body with a long finish. Lovely Pinot. Tasted April 2020. ~ Rhys Pender, MS
89. The nose is savoury, and the attack cool forest floor scented and spicy. On the palate, sour cherries mix with floral, mineral, and white pepper notes with a herbal finish. Textures are soft, and the style is one that is ready to drink with root vegetables, duck, or salmon. Tasted May 2020. ~ Anthony Gismondi on Wine
Elegant, classic, fine.
The nose is a lovely potpourri of cedar chips and dried violets, bright red berry and cherry aromas, finely ground baking spice, and suggestions of leather, cocoa and beet greens. The palate is juicy and has classic pinosity; tangy red fruits mimic the nose and it has a fine-boned and feminine character. It is elegant, silky, lifted and complex; all in one. ~ Daenna Van Mulligen – WineDiva