Grapes were sourced from both the Gentleman Farmer Vineyard in South East Kelowna and Seven Mountain on Mount Boucherie bench, West Kelowna.
Hand harvested, 50% whole bunch pressed, 50% 24-hour skin contact. Settled juice is fermented long and cold in stainless steel tanks. Chilled to stop with genuine fruit sweetness.
Aromatics of refreshing spearmint, subtle hint of manuka honey, and citrus blossom, mirrored flavours on the palate finishing with flint and slate mineral. This wine has energy, tension, and a crisp, lingering finish. Enjoy fresh now or cellar 10 to 20 years.
579 cases produced
Gold - 2021 BC Lieutenant Governor’s Wine Awards
Gold - 2021 National Wine Awards of Canada
91. This is another razor riesling from Spearhead's vineyards in East Kelowna and Mount Boucherie on the other side of the lake. Scintillating acidity is barely cushioned by a hint of sweetness. Small batch winemaking and skin contact create some complexity as well, with youthful green apple, nectarine, vague florals and flint on the nose and finish. It is mid-weight, energetic and bright, with excellent length. ~ David Lawrason - Wine Align
89. Winemaker Grant Stanley gets riesling, and his work here is essential, keeping the knife-edge acidity and freshness front and center. The fruit is a mix from Seven Mountain Vineyard on Mount Boucherie in West Kelowna, and Gentleman Farmer Vineyard in southeast Kelowna. The fresh, 12 percent, green apple, lime is balanced with a dusting of sweetness at 9 grams, pulling you into the yin and yang of this wine. It finishes with a stony, mineral undercurrent. Mouthwatering now, and will be for several years under screwcap. ~ Anthony Gismondi on Wine
90. A nice intense nose with green apple, lime, white peach, good intensity with a hint of floral honeysuckle. Dry, crisp, racy and with good intensity. Lots of lemon and lime, green apple, some wet stone minerality and good length. A very crushable dry Riesling. Tasted March 2020. ~ Rhys Pender, MS
This wine has is a bright medium-plus lemon colour. It has a lighter nose with aromas starting off with orange, peach and white flowers, but within 1-2 minutes the nose changes dramatically to tropical fruits, pine needles and citrus. It was quite amazing. With decanting the wine was primarily tropical fruit and oranges on the nose. This wine is dry and smooth with a lighter body. Medium acidity but no prickle on your tongue. Just some tartness. Tropical fruit and citrus, along with some green fruit. I also pick up some salty minerality and steeliness toward the finish. With decanting the wine tastes slightly off-dry, but also quite tart. I also get some peach flavour. I enjoy the salty minerality in this wine, making it more interesting on the palate. The wine has a medium-plus length finishing with tropical fruit and a touch of peach and some leafiness. With decanting you can add some green fruit and lime on the finish.
A solid Riesling with lots of tropical fruit and citrus aromas and flavours. Minerality adds some complexity on the palate as well. Buy some now but should age well for at least 5 years. ~ Karl Kliparchuk - My Wine Pal
92. This is a great Riesling with cut-throat acidity and wonderful texture. Green apple, nectarine, white flowers, flint and a touch of ginger build the well-structured palate. The wine has a good weight and a tremendous energy. The finish is long with no drop in acidity across the board. A very well-made wine from start to finish, and for $21, it's a steal of a deal! Pairing: Sole filet, wood-fire pizza. Drink now until 2025. ~ Carl's Wine Club
90. Appearance: Pale straw in colour. Nose: Spicy, aromatic, minerally, lime zest bouquet with a hint of petrol. Palate: Light to medium-bodied, just off-dry, grapefruit and lime flavours with tangy acidity. Quality: 90 points. Outstanding. Drink now, but will hold for several years. Food Pairing: Sea bass with capers and lemon rice, Persian chicken with turmeric and lime, sweet potato fries with wasabi aioli, rice and refried bean burrito, and pork medallions with blue cheese sauce. ~ Tony Aspler - My Wine Canada
92. The nose seduces with citrus and apple skin while the palate delights with crisp acidity and flinty notes. Slightly off-dry and well -balanced with a long and tangy grapefruit finish. ~ Janet Dorozynski, DipWSET/PhD - Wine Align